Error messageUser warning: The following module is missing from the file system: file_entity. In order to fix this, put the module back in its original location. For more information, see the documentation page. in _drupal_trigger_error_with_delayed_logging() (line 1128 of /mnt/datavol0/web-03/sites/rev.biothermenergy.com/site/includes/bootstrap.inc).
BioTherm Energy’s economic development mission is to drive sustainable change within those communities that reside within a 50km radius of the project sites through the achievement of the following objectives:
- the creation of meaningful and permanent employment;
- the development of a robust renewable energy industry that supports local products and services, focusing specifically on women and locally owned businesses;
- ensuring that management teams are representative of the demographics of the country in which we are developing such assets;
- community based ownership in our projects.
- socio-economic development initiatives; and
- enterprise development initiatives
To date, some of the socio-economic development Projects that have been implemented within the hosting communities across the projects are:
- the upgrade of teaching equipment at the primary school in Onseepkans (Northern Cape);
- the provision of critical medical equipment to the local clinics and hospitals within Kenhardt (Northern Cape), Pofadder (Northern Cape), Onseepkans (Northern Cape), Pella (Northern Cape) and Caledon (Western Cape);
- the electrification of an Early Childhood Development (ECD) Centre in Kenhardt (Northern Cape);
- infrastructural upgrades at the old age home in Bergsig (Western Cape), thus allowing them to qualify for better grant funding and accreditation;
- sponsorship of a “woman abuse awareness campaign” run by the South African Police Services in Pofadder, Witbank and Pella (Northern Cape); and
- the provision of infantile mattresses to an ECD Centre in Tesselaarsdal (Western Cape) as part of their Mandela Day celebrations.
We continue to build relationships with the relevant stakeholders within the communities and across all levels as real economic development requires collaboration and commitment by all those affected and, in the wise words of our late President Nelson Mandela:
"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead."
- Nelson Mandela